Check Courses dates
VITAL SIGNS & BLOOD GLUCOSE
The course covers patient clinical observations – signs of the body that communicate important information about the body’s systems and how they function. The vital signs and blood glucose level checks are physiological markers that help medical, nursing and other clinical staff to closely monitor patients and identify if they are deteriorating so that appropriate measures are taken.
- Develop a systematic understanding of how the body functions
- Understand the correct procedure to measure temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and blood glucose levels
- Recognise when to notify a senior staff member
- All participants are welcome to join the training. No previous qualifications or experience are required.
- The required age is 18.
- One day theory and practical training, approx. 4h
- The five main vital signs: Temperature, Pulse, Respiration, Blood pressure and Blood glucose
- Use of Pulse oximeter
- Use of Glucometer
- Use of Thermometer
- Use of other equipment
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCE
- FULLY ACCREDITED BY CPD GROUP
- NO EXPIRY DATE- A LIFETIME LONG QUALIFICATION
- NATIONALLY RECOGNISED
- Online payment – purchasing the course directly from the website.
- Alternative payment methods: Bank transfer or cash/card in our School – please contact our office for further information.
- 10% Discount applied on any 3 or more clinical skills courses when booked together